Dizzy cap order

Quack

Just had a thought..I have my plugs labelled 1234, but how do I know if they’re on the correct dizzy terminal? I’ve seen some dizzys where the first plug is connected to a different terminal to the one on my dizzy. Would I have to set it to TDC and watch the rotor rotate from there?

image.jpg

yes it donst realy matter where they are indexed on the cap so long as the rotor points to No1 lead when on compression stroke

from car to car this can be different for all sorts of unknown twiddling over the years  the main constraint is the dizzy body and vac unit are not fouling the block etc

if its running its fine.      if unsure you can find  No1 compression by looking at the rockers  on compression the rockers will at TDC  have the 0.010"  gap

or remove spark plug  stick thumb over hole and turn engine ( need a  helper here)  and feel air push past thumb , stop and turn slowy on to align the tdc marks 

look  at rotor this should point to No1 HT lead    then its 1342  anticlockwise   or 15 36 24 on a 6 cyl  firing order .