Seat Belt Holders

I can't find the previous thread anywhere but someone was looking for the later original fitment Spit Seat Belt Plastic Holders, I came across these 2 units on a USA ebay site, item 334415056563, postage ain't cheap but overall not too expensive if you want originality.

I'll attach a copy of the ad/item hope I'm not breaking the rules, pls forgive me but I work on theory that someone will be interested!

Seat Belt Clips.jpg

I've never seen inside one but guessing it would be a bit of compressed, bent metal which would be a pain to re-create... but what about tweaking the CAD model with a little internal recess you could stick a little high power magnet into instead?  Probably a lot easier to engineer and just as effective.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mjit said:

I've never seen inside one but guessing it would be a bit of compressed, bent metal which would be a pain to re-create... but what about tweaking the CAD model with a little internal recess you could stick a little high power magnet into instead?  Probably a lot easier to engineer and just as effective.

The original spring is plastic.  It might be 3D printed, but I had the originals, so didn't need to CAD it.

Ed

DSC04466a.JPG

Do you see that hole in the end of the connector? This is what it's for.

Triumph STAG ** SEAT BELT TIDY HOOK ** Clip seat belt to when not in use B Post | eBay

The GT6 has something similar, however when I fitted inertia reels the new belt was incompatible whit the old hook (Of course they were, it's a Triumph! :lol:)

So I fitted these Stag hooks. Had it not been for the existing fixing holes I would have fitted them much lower, doesn't have to be on the B post.

belthook.PNG.b5a1f4a3f751cb4ce63e24a2b3f70797.PNG

Doug