Triumph 2000 mk 2 speakers

i didnt know of these speaker cut outs till i caught a look at a rear shelf repair  panel with them plainly there 

certainly elliptical   

ive tried two sets of pods on the front shelf  none are much good    i do have a twin  speech coil  elliptical in the centre top dash 

to uses as rear channels  , its all a bit lacking bass 

pete

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Woody2000 said:

Under the vinyl cover on the back shelf there are 2 oval holes with fixing holes as well that’s what I’m asking about 

Oval holes would seem to point to oval speakers, a favourite of the period. If you measure the cutout, a Google search for oval speaker lists quite a few.

the dual cone i used was listed as stag its 7x5 but it  of the centre speaker mount  it only fits two of the 4 mount screw holes on the mk2 2000

the  only way to get the rear deck hole size   is to lift the trim panel off and measure the apertures 

from  a long lost memory , most speakers size is the outer periphery of the cone which is inboard of the mounting flange so a 7x5  would suit a 7x5 hole 

Pete

A pair of "Crunch CS46CX 6"x4" speakers will fit in there - though annoyingly I can only see US sellers listing them on eBay right now.  One of those listings gives the cutout hole 5.5" x 3.46" which I think was a little smaller than the Triumph hole.  Other, probabaly more impirtant dimension is the 3" mounting depth, as the fuel tank seams eat in to the space and stop most modern speakers fitting.

Like Pete I think only 2 of the screw holes lined up but the speakers frame was still sitting on top of rear deck metal, so supported and with the parcel shelf trim on top no rattling or anything.

I would offer to go out and check...but have rear seat belts fitted and can't face the faff of unbolting them to get the trim off :)