Late Spit 1500 fuel filter

Phil Siddall

54 minutes ago, Phil Siddall said:

Late pumps do not seem to have easily removable filter tops like the early ones- do they still have a filter?

Some don't but I ran a quick check on Google and the majority seem to have some sort of nut or bolt on top, so there must still be some kind of clean / refurbish facility. It's a pity the glass-topped Delco versions were never used, they are so simple to take apart and clean. The in-pump filter in the more modern unit does work up to a point but an in-line filter also helps, plus is easier to replace.

DSCF0569.jpg.61c56f5db355f383c7e36a9560cc3ac0.jpg

I suppose this is the type that Phil is refering to, FP33, and I thought one of the those 'towers' on top might contain a filter? With the glass topped ones I can see the benefit (literally😁) but Ive never felt very happy having something glass containing fuel in the engine bay...

752224335_s-l500(1).jpg.aea340a2e3b6f12f8831c205accde646.jpg

38 minutes ago, Phil Siddall said:

The block is not original to the car- did they change over the 1500 production run?

I don't want to get a new pump some time and find it doesn't fit.

I'll probably get an in-line filter.

No, all blocks the same. 

a  filter is wise but unless there is some problems are not essential if fueling is kept clean

a spacer was used as an insulator on many 1500 but it depends on the pump long arm has a spacer these pumps are not available everywhere and if a short arm pump is fitted then you remove the spacer  and fit a std herald/spit  pump   its the pump arm that determines whats fitted not the badge on the car 

Pete

• Like 1