How to fold vitesse convertible hood

steve_knows

Hi I'm not sure that I am folding down the soft top on my Vitesse the right way, it was up when I bought it and I have tried a few different ways to fold it down but it always seems to trap some part of the fabric. Can someone please explain the best way? Thanks, Steve.

Yes, that is a good point, I forgot to say to do it. Also I put a towel between the folds of the rear screen when I fold it down, stops the plastic sticking and should the hood be used in the rain you have something to hand to dry it off with before putting it away again.

I have to put a cloth over each quarter light otherwise the ends of the chrome finishing strip that fits above the rear window digs into the quarter light windows. This happens when the header rail is flush with the rear deck, and cover fitted. Probably due to the repro hood fitted. I had the original hood fitted but needed to be replaced as it had shrunk. Where the top, sides and back window of the repro soft top join they overlap, causing a ridge, so the chrome strip stands proud where crosses the joins, and follows the curve of the frame. The original soft top fitted had butt joins so no ridge. Also short at the sides along the rear wings, as it appears most are from what I have seen.