What are these parts?

Sparky_Spit

I am trying to identify these parts in the picture below - can anybody help please?

I thought that the two brackets on the left are Mk3 Spitfire hardtop brackets that attach to the B-posts, but a well respected member on here thinks they are Mk1/Mk2 hood-stick attachment brackets?  Any definitive answer?

The fitting on the right is unknown - any ideas?

Thanks - Mike

IMG_20220717_165350666.jpg

Yes, they're Mk3 hardtop brackets. The Mk1/2 hood frame drops into thin tubes welded to the inner B-post and fundamentally part of the bodywork. The hardtop on a Mk1/2 attaches through those same tubes using a super-long version of the chrome part of the brackets in the photo.

Thanks Gents for the superquick replies.  I had a Mk2 many years ago but can't remember the arrangement of hardtop or hood sticks so this is all new to me.

My current Mk3 did not have a hardtop with it, but does have a GRP aftermarket one, which fits where it touches. Hopefully these new found parts will enable it to fit a bit better .

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I had found a photo of a set claimed to be Mk3

They don't look like any Mk3 fittings I've seen. I've not looked at mine for a while and it's many years since I studied a Mk2 one, but given how the parts diagram on Canley's web site shows the Mk3 ones fitted, it's just possible those could be Mk1/2 ones. The black crinkle finish bits would bolt to the hard top and the pointy end would sit in the top of the hood frame tube, with the long bolts screwed into them from the bottom.

• 1 month later...
On 19/07/2022 at 13:43, Colin Lindsay said:

Is there a difference in models of the Mk3? I had found a photo of a set claimed to be Mk3 but they're different to those above, so it was confusing me, unless going by your post, they're earlier?

Mounting_Hardware-1442018562.jpeg.e200b757c8200b2fb448ca47ec76a2ec.jpeg

Those a hardtop attachments for a mk1/2 the 2 screws with plates for the rear deck, the black bits attach to the hardtop with the thin end in the top of the softop frame tube and the long bolts go up through the tube into the black bits, those on the right go through the screen frame header