Car transport.

mark powell

We are looking to up sticks from East Sussex to North Wales in the near future.

I would need both my cars, Midge and Herald pick-up, transported to our new location. I have had a provisional quote of £648, but it is early days. (our house has just gone on the market and we have yet to find our ideal property up there.)

Has anyone used a transport company and if so, any recommendations? 

Hi Mark.           Bought my car late last year from London area and found a firm online who are like motorway we buy your car outfit for transport.Put collection and delivery address in and ended up with endless quotes as they seem to put the job out to tender on your behalf.Job done very quickly up to Yorkshire for about £200 .Think they were called Selby or something similar-might be worth a try

• Like 1

Hi, When I moved from Yeovil back to "God`s Country". I was fortunate to still own a 2 tonne rated B-J trailer. What we did was to stuff the various vehicles etc; with household goods, every time we made a journey. On one trip, I had a fully assembled shed, filled with "contents Various". And the patio furniture/Plants too caused a few smiles going up the M1. Even Mr plod backed of for a look!. If you have a tow vehicle I think there are still folk who hire trailers?.

image.png.5e71d3c6ce98d07bb82916710234ca44.png

I wonder what Clarkson would have made of that?.

Pete

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, PeteH said:

Hi, When I moved from Yeovil back to "God`s Country". I was fortunate to still own a 2 tonne rated B-J trailer. What we did was to stuff the various vehicles etc; with household goods, every time we made a journey. On one trip, I had a fully assembled shed, filled with "contents Various". And the patio furniture/Plants too caused a few smiles going up the M1. Even Mr plod backed of for a look!. If you have a tow vehicle I think there are still folk who hire trailers?.

image.png.5e71d3c6ce98d07bb82916710234ca44.png

I wonder what Clarkson would have made of that?.

Pete

by the time he'd finished it would have been matchsticks...

• Haha 1