Herald 1200/1250 carburettor replacement

Ken Nolan

There are a range of adaptors that allow fitment of anything from Stromberg to SU or even Weber onto the original 1200 manifold. They come up online occasionally. Otherwise you can swap the manifold and as long as it fits the head, and doesn’t affect the exhaust bit ( unless you want to change that, too) you can fit a huge range of alternatives. I have a drawerful of alternatives that I never got round to fitting; maybe one day.

speedograph.thumb.jpg.a2a9dca20716c8279a8072d7ec6f6d83.jpg

Thanks Colin, I like the look of that. I am looking for a quick fix for now. I have got a set of new old stock twin SUs but I need to see how they fit etc. 

I see if I can get my mits on a Stromberg adapter. 

On a different matter, did you get the white estate finished, I think you had it on the long finger but may have it finished by now, it looked like a great car. 
Thanks your help and photo. 
Ken Nolan

14 hours ago, Ken Nolan said:

On a different matter, did you get the white estate finished, I think you had it on the long finger but may have it finished by now, it looked like a great car. 

Very very long finger, Ken, there's thread running on it in the Restoration section. It should have been finished long ago hence the 'embarrassing' bit in the title.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/08/2022 at 10:27, Pete Lewis said:

whats the reason for the question  

whats the problem with the B30 PSE1   there are two  early and late depends on engine nubers 

eg Solex Carburettor (B30PSE1 - Late) : Canley Classics

Behind the diaphragm there are two holes, maybe one, containing a ball bearing which keeps the vacuuming. The ball bearing fell out so no vacumn.