V5 logbook help

Simon holland

My herald was parked in a garage for 30 to 40 years before I got it the car didnt come with a logbook and is no longer on the dvla darabase the number plates are still on the car the chassis plate is still on the side of the bulkhead what forms do I need to fill in to try to get a logbook for the car has anyone one else been through this as I need to get this sorted before start restoring the car thanks si

What used to happen was that you sent off the forms with as much info as possible - commission number, engine number, registration number etc. DVA then wrote to the last registered owner to see if he still owned the car, if it was still in use sonewhere else, or if he had any details on its' disposal. If nothing heard, they simply issued a new V5 to the new owner. If there are any queries, a confirmation letter from a Club Official / AO will suffice.

if you ring HQtrudi will send you the package of what to  how to  

try the dvla first they will let you know which route to proceed  and may even just accet and replace the V5 who knows till to ask them 

thats assuming some muppet working at home can answer your querry

Pete

Have they told you it isn’t on the database, or did you just do an online search?

If the latter, just apply for the logbook and see what happens, it may just be suppressed due to lack of communication,  they will write back if they have any queries.

And be very careful about supply any info over and above what they require, it can lead to a lot of pain and hassle.