Hazard light live feed

Iain T

On the last bit of dash wiring and found my hazard lights only work when the ignition is on. Not very helpful. I traced the live feed to the ignition and obvious why it isn't permanently live. So can I take a wire from my auxiliary fused live busbar or possibly piggy-back from the Brown live light switch? Or in fact anywhere else. I don't want to mess about with any wiring as it works providing there is power. 

Iain 

By Hazards I assume you mean Lucas Emergency Hazard Flashers which have both an ignition source and battery source.

the battery source is what operates the emergency hazard lights why would you want to have the ignition on when using emergency hazards flashing

the ignition source is the ignition to the normal turn flashersand it’s interrupted when you activate the emergency flashers

2 hours ago, Jeffds1360 said:

Maybe for a fast getaway as they parked on double yellows

That's the norm around here! 

I'm on the last what's this wire from sorting out the dash wiring. I found the green/brown reversing light wire dangling in the engine bay yesterday.......?? I've not done anything for a couple of weeks as my father in law is ill (mini strokes) and we've been visiting and finally persuaded them to move to near us to an independent living "plus" retirement home.

Nearly there! 

Iain