Passenger, Outside opening, door handle button, adjustement access (Vitesse)

daverclasper

Hi. This button appears to have become loose. At the same time the door will only lock from the inside when closed (rather than moving the internal handle forward with the door open and it locking upon closing). Is this related?.

I have read up how to adjust the button and assume I have to remove the door card for access to do this?.

Any tips, or potential problms with this job?

limited time slot to do this job, so any info before I start, would be handy please.

Thanks, Dave 

From your description it is the same problem I had on my 13/60. Yes you need to remove the door card. There is a bolt that probably just needs the slack taking up against easy to do. If you look at a parts diagram it is clear. I'm not near my main computer so can't post one at present.

the button is retaiand by a simple bolt .nut and washer , when retightening there must be some frre play between the end of bolt and the lever on the lock 

2/3 mm  would be a guess without reading the book  no free play will open the door on corners  etc.

access is a bit limited when the card is off    good time to get plasters ready

Pete

On 26/12/2022 at 19:06, Pete Lewis said:

the button is retaiand by a simple bolt .nut and washer , when retightening there must be some frre play between the end of bolt and the lever on the lock 

2/3 mm  would be a guess without reading the book  no free play will open the door on corners  etc.

Got the door card off, in a break from the rain.  The bolt head and another (same size?) hex behind this are loose, with fingers.

Haynes says "the push button can be adjusted by loosening the lock nut on the circular portion of the handle which fits inside the door and screwing the lock nut in or out" (assume the lock nut is the one behind the bolt head?.

Iv'e always found lock nuts to be tightened after the adjustment of eg a bolt, so a bit confused.

Any pointers great, as limited time window to sort out and want to get right first time, as a little bit of a faf, having to take door card off again.

Ta, Dave   

just treat it as a Tappet    set the screw then nip the nut 

having a small gap is the important bit    if it touches the lock leaver you are starting to operate the lock 

if the gap is excessive then your button may not operate the lock 

hence the few mm gap sets it up nicely 

you also dont want the remote rod trying to operate the lock  the front handle is on slotted holes to set a small free play at the lock  

all small points but essential for the lock latching  to work 

Pete

On 30/12/2022 at 19:05, Pete Lewis said:

you also dont want the remote rod trying to operate the lock  the front handle is on slotted holes to set a small free play at the lock  

Thanks folks. Have adjusted, so some small play in the button, before it starts to operate the lock.

When door is locked (from inside handle, as the only way, being passenger door), there is no play at all in the button. Is this ok?

not got one to play with but i would suggest the inside release needs a bit of adjustment on its slotted holes i would hazarda guess the inner is partly holding the latch open 

so when you lock the lever on the latch is now moving further than intended

door card off and slacken the handle fixing screws  let it self position 

and give the latch assy  a good oiling 

Pete

I've just checked mine, I had the same problem as you a while ago, with the door locked the button sits with the lip flush with the handle and there is about 3mm of slack when you press the button. I have no idea if this is correct but the door locks and opens as it should.