Torque Wrench Bargain

Stratton Jimmer

ALDI had very good torque wrenches on sale in their special buys for £19.99 but have knocked them down to £15.99. Be aware that though they are very well made and come with calibration certificates, they are metric only so you would need to do your conversions. I have one from one of their previous sales and it is a superb tool.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stratton Jimmer said:

ALDI had very good torque wrenches on sale in their special buys for £19.99 but have knocked them down to £15.99. Be aware that though they are very well made and come with calibration certificates, they are metric only so you would need to do your conversions. I have one from one of their previous sales and it is a superb tool.

I got one quite a few years back, its permanently in my Motorhome, not quite sure why? as I won`t be changing any wheels anytime soon. I need at least a 3tonne jack to lift the front end, and have the RAC on speed dial. As said, nice tool, but a conversion chart is a necessity.

Pete

When I wanted to by a torque wrench I wasn't sure which to  buy because I wasn't sure what the best "range" was.

So I presume this wrench will cover most of my torquing needs?

Wheels, body fixings, gearbox etc...?

I would need to do a conversion as a well..

For some reason I always get a vision of some some 17th century guy jumping up and down on a lever when I hear "Newton/meter"....

My Wife, who asked me once why I would used shoes to tighten bolts. I asked what in the name of Sauerkraut she was talking about and she said she heard me talking about "pounding feet"...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...