Vitesse Clutch Slave Cylinder NOS

Paul H

Just purchased a NOS Girling Clutch Slave Cylinder from EBay . Purchased for 99p plus postage . I know now why . No drill holes ! . The piston is stuck with red gunge is there a simple way to remove rather than pressurise with a grease gun 

0D289BF7-1CEF-4C17-BD88-4B2BB4FB6A58.thumb.jpeg.053aeb6b49b17e6ba845a15d84f88830.jpeg

D9A91F87-0EE7-4F6B-93BB-35943BC210CC.thumb.jpeg.8b25eaa80c84f754c8e61da1225d265d.jpeg

Paul 

Paul   as in a earlier post fill wanner with Dot4    easier to wash it out after the piston flies out under pressure 

makes you wonder where on earth thats been hiding

a production reject or nicked off the assy line before machining had been finished 

but im sure fixing holes would be finalised before fine boring took place  

i wonder if anyone uses the same base cylinder but clamps it in place rather than bolts     How odd 

Pete

36 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

Paul   as in a earlier post fill wanner with Dot4    easier to wash it out after the piston flies out under pressure 

makes you wonder where on earth thats been hiding

a production reject or nicked off the assy line before machining had been finished 

but im sure fixing holes would be finalised before fine boring took place  

i wonder if anyone uses the same base cylinder but clamps it in place rather than bolts     How odd 

Pete

Thanks Pete . Dot 4 makes more sense than grease .  At least I know it’s NOS 

Paul 

I don’t get it. Why oh why but things of eBay and then you are surprised when you get totally useless parts. Just go to a reputable supplier of triumph parts.  You know what Winston Churchill said. If you  do not know. I will tell you 

Update 

Removed the slave cylinder piston using Dot 4 in a Wanner. Thanks for advice Pete 🤗

To stop losing the piston I covered the end with a plastic bag and cable tied it . Checked over the bore and everything is fine and fit for use. I just need to drill the locating holes and ready for fitting . 
35030985-67FB-45A6-8454-1597983FF461.thumb.jpeg.dda49d5fcb9639dd10b98b90959d2acc.jpeg

Plan is to move across to Silicone from Dot 4 

A NOS Girling Slave for less than £5 

Paul 

Edited by Paul H