Autocult Model Triumph GT6 C-BFMS Landracer GB/USA 1971/2020

Chris Longhurst

I don't really follow land speed record attempts but this article on a model of a (highly) modified GT6 interested me!

Link to article in MARonline (you will need to scroll down to the relevant article):-

https://www.maronline.org.uk/recent-autocult-and-avenue-43-releases/

Text:- "07027 Triumph GT6 C-BFMS Landracer GB/USA 1971/2020

Keith Copeland‘s world record car was based on a 1971 Triumph GT 6 Mark 3. But this was entirely modified to make the speed record attempt in 2012. The roof-line was lowered by 5 inches and an entirely new bonnet was fabricated curving down almost to the ground. The front wheels were enclosed to reduce wind resistance and the wheelbase was extended from 2 meters to over 3 meters.

To attempt a new speed record Keith Copeland replaced the Triumph 6-cylinder engine with a 5.9-litre engine, a Brodix small-block rebuilt Chevrolet engine. For the engine tuning, he relied on the capabilities of the company Moran-Motorsports. They achieved 2,200 HP by fitting a twin turbocharger, methanol injection, and a cooling system charged with ice water. Unlike the original Triumph the engine drove the front wheels.

In 2010 and October 2012, Keith Copeland pushed his red-painted world record hunter onto the salt lake in Bonneville. In 2012 he reached 380 mph on his record attempt. The average value for his return run was 364.051 Mph which was enough to give him the new world record."

Chris (sorry - I could not find a way to delete the failed upload but reloaded it o.k.)

07027-Triumph-GT6-C-BFMS-Landracer_lh_1280x853_72dpi_q10.jpg

07027-Triumph-GT6-C-BFMS-Landracer_rv_1280x853_72dpi_q10.jpg

07027-Triumph-GT6-C-BFMS-Landracer_l_1280x853_72dpi_q10.jpg

Edited by Chris Longhurst
corrected link