Strongberg adjusting tool.

Martin OD

Hi all. I need to adjust the mixture on my MK1 Triumph Vitess 2 ltr. Are all the Stromberg adjusting tools the same or are they bespoke for the size of the carbs. Mine are 150s. I see Rimmer's do one for £15 but it is marked up for a Spitfire!

Edited by Martin OD
Wrong info

As Johny said its a spanner or plyer job. I always use some Tippex to make a white line on the knob so I know where I'm starting on both carbs. Trouble is most time I don't know where I'm going or where I'll end up! 

Good luck

Iain 

PS. If you want to make sure they are even to start with take the dash pot off and with a vernier measure from the bridge to jet and get the depths the same. 

Edited by Iain T

the slot in the bottom CD150 jet  is designed to be twiddled with a coin  if you cant grip the knurled  

base factory reset is set the jet level with the bridge and then lower 3 full turns  

that should run ok with a small adjustment when fully hot 

with out any balancer  slacken the joining rod clamps  turn the idle screw to just touch the casting and turn in 1.5 turns re tighten the rod clamps  

you must have a small ap between the choke fast idle cam and its adjustable screw  

doing this will mechanically balance all the basic setting 

you dont have to have an air flow balancer  

and as its just a std thread lefty loosey righty tighty 

just visualise lying on your back looking up at the adjuster     tighten /do up the adjuster  leans it  and unscrewing richens 

Pete

Thanks for this advice. I worked on triumphs 30 years ago and forgot some details. I know the linkage is all wrong but I have only just got the car and it needs to be sorted. Believe it or not it hardly needs choke to start as it is so rich and the fast idle doesn't operate due to the incorrect linkage.