Windscreen wipers and arms Spitfire 1500

RainX is your friend.

If the rain is heavy enough/you're speed high enough you don't need the wipers...leaving you free to focus on the drips from the orners of the windscreen frame and water getting pushed up and over the top of the side windows :)

Wiper blade rubber degeneration is an issue here with the strong summer sun during a dry spell the blades can stick to the screen so I wipe the wiper blades with Rainex monthly during summer to keep them clean and stop them adhering to the screen, don’t know if it helps but makes me think it does!

Edited by Peter Truman

Some time ago there was a similar discussion and Bosch wipers were recommended though I have no personal experience.  I do do know whether they are available in the required small size; they may sell them as rear screen wipers for hatch backs.  An alternative would be to just replace the rubbers, cut down is necessary.

The rain was torrential.  Some large puddles but fortunately no real flooding. Water was coming in between the hood and the top of the windscreen, fortunately mainly on the unoccupied passenger side.  I inspected the seal on my return and it appeared to be in good condition.