KYK711D Vitesse 1600/6 609602 Header rail Finisher (Plastic)?

2 hours ago, martyn wright said:

Hi!  I am looking for a Finisher Hood Header Rail 609602??  Cheers

No Longer available from the usual suspects as I'm sure your aware.

I did manage to pick up a N.O.S. White one off a guy on the Vitesse Facebook group, ok if your fitting a White hood I suppose?

Regards 

Thanks Gary!  I don't even know what one looks like!  Again my Hood and Frame disappeared when it went into storage at Hereford, so I managed to get another frame but found that this piece was missing?  I need to get a photo of one from somewhere to see if I can improvise!  Cheers again!

Is this it, both very old light one isn't bad (for my car ) and quite usable other a little hard and dirty. I think someone must have a similar section. It is 1.5in wide with an approx 0.5 dia open tube at the front, the strip is 41.5in long, the flange bit obviously fits under the metal channel that the rubber seal push's into and the open curved front push's up against the vinyl roof on the header rail.

The last 2 photos are of another soft top fitting probably at the rear deck it's a P piece 46in long by 0.5in wide with an enclosed 0.25in hollow tube it is fully sewn so it's probably at the rear of the hood, I'll have to investigate that one?

Both bits came off an Aussie CKD assembled Herald Convertible of around 62 vintage, so whether their UK issue of Aussie 20% local content I don't know?

Vitesse Softop front trim.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

Cross Section of P Tube.JPG

P Strip 0.5in wide by 46in long with a 0.25in tube.JPG

Edited by Peter Truman