Triumph Slot Cars

Josef

So as not to drift the thread where this came up even further… @JohnD, @Chris Longhurst these are (most of) the running Triumph slot cars I have, some a little worse for wear from age and use! I have a number of unbuilt projects hiding around the place, including a Vitesse.

All are on scratch built brass chassis, except the silver TR7 which I think is on a commercial metal chassis. Bodies as follows: TR3 - home resin casting, traded, TR4 - Airfix, Dolomite - OneThirtySecond, TR7s - modified Scalextric, 13/60 - OneThirtySecond, 1200 convertible - home resin cast, mine. The rest of the cabinet is a mix of cars belonging to me and my dad.

IMG_1481.jpeg

IMG_1482.jpeg

IMG_1483.jpeg

IMG_1484.jpeg

IMG_1485.jpeg

IMG_1486.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris Longhurst said:

Thanks Josef - good plan not to further high-jack the Racing Vitesse thread!

I see a red 13/60 in the bottom picture - is that made from a one-thirtysecond' resin kit

Chris

Apologies Josef - you answered the question in the intro. I was engrossed in the pictures!!

• Haha 1

I got a guy in the US to 3d Print a 1500/MKIV and GT6 MKIII body in 1/32 scale. He usually works in H0 scale.

There is a pretty nice 1/25 scale GT6 MKII/Plus model. Might make a nice Le Mans Spitfire...

There were 1/32 MKI/MKII Spitfire models out there as well as Le Mans Spitfires in that scale as well as a Stag...

1 hour ago, DVD3500 said:

I got a guy in the US to 3d Print a 1500/MKIV and GT6 MKIII body in 1/32 scale. He usually works in H0 scale.

There is a pretty nice 1/25 scale GT6 MKII/Plus model. Might make a nice Le Mans Spitfire...

There were 1/32 MKI/MKII Spitfire models out there as well as Le Mans Spitfires in that scale as well as a Stag...

I have roundtail Spits, one a Le Mans one, and I think a GT6…

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Josef,

"unbuilt projects hiding around the place, including a Vitesse.".    You now have several to model from!  Please show us what you achieve!

John

Will do, the full scale ones are consuming all my time right now though! I’ve not built a model car in a long while. I think the closest to ‘done’ is a TR5 I was building from an Airfix TR4.

Although I am not a 'slot car' racer I do have some slot cars in my Herald/Vitesse model collection.

Two of these are Vitesses. The White one is based on a modified Herald Saloon Airfix kit and was sold as 'well raced' (Photos. 1a & 1b). The Green one (Photos 2a & 2b) is in very nice condition - possibly based on a 'onewthirtysecond' kit.

Chris

1a White Vit. Slot.JPG

1b White Vit. Slot.JPG

2a. Green Vit. Slot.JPG

2b. Green Vit. Slot.JPG

• Like 2

Fantastic collection.
Very jealous of the Vitesse slotcars.
I think the Vitesse is an under modelled Triumph, plenty of Heralds and it would be a simple conversion to make a Vitesse I imagine.
I have several Airfix Heralds in the cupboard to convert to Vitesse one day.

Edited by ahebron

ahebron is right - plenty of Herald 948/1200 '1/32nd kits - the saloon in both plastic (Airfix) & Resin and the coupe (ribbed roof)  in resin; the resin ones generally look like they have been based on the Airfix 'template; but there are very few Herald 13/60s or Vitesses.

In the two attached photos you can see my 1/32 Slot Car Coupes.

In the first a Coffee & White and Signal Red Coupe examples - both in very nice condition.

In the second photo a Powder Blue and White coupe and, best of all, a Signal Red and White representation of the smooth roof Monte Carlo 1960 Works Coupe #283. I was very fortunate to find this as a 'Buy It Now' on eBay for £75. The parts alone would have cost that and the workmanship, paint & decals are superb. There is even a fly (or is it for snow as it was the Monte Carlo Rally?!) deflector in place across the bonnet!

Chris

1. Coffee & White and Signal Red 1-32nd Herald Coupes.jpg

2. 'Racing'1-32nd Herald Coupes.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...