A persistent wheel squeak

Nick Whitehead

they have your name on    no idea of £££  (  but PM your address please  

they were for use on my Vitesse 6   that had type 16s fitted so fine for the 2 ltr unified calipers 

if you need to upgrade the braking mintex 1144 really have the grip to surprise you  can be costly but make a heck of a difference when in modern traffic 

available when you next need pads from club shop and many others 

if you dont want to stop try some green stuff    easy to clean off the wheels but its tally ho when its stopping ,not   just awfull stuff 

Pete

On 06/09/2023 at 18:57, Nick Whitehead said:

Squeak resolved with lubricant. Thanks everyone for the advice.

I have a 200 mile round trip to Somerset planned for the weekend and that squeak all the way would have driven me MAD!

Ahhhhh. starter motor just failed... I guess I'm taking another car to Somerset... Unless anyone has a spare to sell me near Bracknell!

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2023 at 15:40, Pete Lewis said:

i have told Nick i may have brain fog on why i had these spare 

he was going to try them if they are no good the bin is calling time  ha 

Pete

Hi Pete,

Unfortunately the shims you sent are not compatible. The holes don't line up and they are too small. See picture comparing yours with springs and the ones I have fitted.

THANKS so much for taking the trouble to send them to me to try. Much appreciated.

Nick

anti-squeal shims.jpg

14 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

All my 12s and 14s have edge springs, the 16s don't. The 16s are all like the types already photographed, I actually thought the rectangular ones were home made...

Not home made Colin. However, where they came from is lost in the midst of time. Thanks for the advice. How can I tell what type I have? I guess Type 16 since on a Vitesse Mk 2 1969?

Edited by Nick Whitehead

1 hour ago, Nick Whitehead said:

Not home made Colin. However, where they came from is lost in the midst of time. Thanks for the advice. How can I tell what type I have? I guess Type 16 since on a Vitesse Mk 2 1969?

I meant mine, which are exactly the same! I have only one set so no others to compare to, until I saw yours.

Look at the caliper itself, it will tell you what type it is.

DSCF0402.JPG.a13f87f8fe3ce6c6889c500ce35883c4.JPG

• Like 1