13/60 engine mounts

CarlM

My engine mounts are looking a bit scabby and no doubt ready for a change. I do remember tackling this job a long time ago.

Anyway my MO would be to place trolley jack under sump, disconnect the fuel flexi pipe, loosen nuts on mounts and raise engine on trolley jack. 

Any advice, pitfalls, or best mounts for the job gratefully received.

A jack with a good flat suitably broad piece of heavy wood under the sump will support the engine enough to swap the mounts. As Johny says new ones can be a bit hit and miss, modern rubber is rubbish but NOS items could also have been on the shelf for so long that they have perished too. If you find that the current ones are scabby but perfectly serviceable you can clean and repaint the metal, and the rubber can be improved with a smear of black silicone on a glove fingertip to fill in any cracks. 

The ones on my 13/60 look tatty but seem to work so they'll get left until they fail. I like the tip of the black silicone from Colin. I think I'll do that just before the next CT (MOT), including underneath, to distract the tester . .