Colour matching

Once again, help from the grown-ups please. My spitfire is yellow. The colour code on the car says it's Inca yellow.........it isn't. What little documentation I have says it's Mimosa yellow.........it isn't, although I think that's very close. I have had a very minor ding, which has been sorted, but I need to paint it, and I suspect that I may end up spraying at least the top half of the rear wing, if not all of it. I've asked around the local paint suppliers, ands although they say they will spectrophotometer the colour, they will only use that to match to a car manufacturers colour (I have had this problem before with a midget, and ended up with a Toyota colour which was just not quite right, just enough to look wrong). So is there such a thing as a paint supplier within a reasonable radius of Guildford who will match my colour exactly and make up one or two aerosols? And while we're here, do I use cellulose or a toxic one, whatever they're called. Thanks for any help

Up to you and your level of skill as to whether you use cellulose or two-pack, obviously cellulose is easier but not so hard wearing, but you'll only get cellulose in an aerosol.

You may find that either the original yellow has faded, (or else has been resprayed by a PO?) and so if you get the perfect from-the-can shade it may not be correct in itself. Scanning might be the best match, even if it is modern, my Herald is actually VW Delftweiss today. A good supplier should be able to use the original codes for a match, even the old BL codes are still available. I'm not 100% sure but Mimosa wasn't available on the 1500, only Inca, but was available on the 1300? 

Scroll down on the links below until you come to the 'yellow' section:

https://www.mk1-performance-conversions.co.uk/paint_codes.html

https://myquickfix.co.uk/triumph-car-data/triumph-paint-codes/

Halfords used to spectrothingy and mix the paint, don't know if they still do.

I feel your pain, mine is mimosa and over 30 years had faded to Post-it Note yellow. When I had it resprayed the garage phoned me and said "You've told us the wrong colour! :angry:"  

Doug