Mk2 GT6 Seat Runners

Josef

Seems my Mk2 GT6 came short a pair of seat tracks / rails / runners. One, two, or any leads on finding some would be much appreciated! (Non reclining early 1969 model)

Edited by Josef

3 hours ago, Josef said:

Seems my GT6 came short a pair of seat tracks / rails / runners. One, two, or any leads on finding some would be much appreciated!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126411732471?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=yhms4xtpthu&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=KK-pK3ilQ2-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Just saw these on ebay, 

12 minutes ago, Ian Faulds said:

Different fitting - they're wider, so you'll have to drill the floors. I found that out when replacing the floorpans on my GT6 MK1, the pre-drilled holes and captive nuts were way off as they had been pressed for the later cars.

50 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Different fitting - they're wider, so you'll have to drill the floors. I found that out when replacing the floorpans on my GT6 MK1, the pre-drilled holes and captive nuts were way off as they had been pressed for the later cars.

Sorry I never knew just trying to help.

• Like 1

Yeah, the squaretail runners are also too wide for the brackets on the actual seats (makes sense given, as Colin says, they're wider overall). I think, worst case, I could cannabalise some later runners and make my own.But finding the real ones would be easier.

3 hours ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Try Spitbitz; although they do not list them specifically it is the sort of place that they may have them lying around or would remove.

Dick

http://www.spitbitz.co.uk/html/used_parts.html

Personally I've not had the best experience with them when asking about anything relatively rare. But I appreciate the suggestion thanks Dick.

8 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

Josef is this a new project car to join the Herald and Spit

Yep! It’s been off the road since 1983. The body is pretty decent, the chassis has been galvanised, and almost everything is there…

Interesting any pic's yet?

The daughters Mk2 Spit leaves me tomorrow for a 400klm drive to her new home, been giving it it's final checkup and lube incl trunnions.

Been going thro the spares for her to take ie spare g/b, diff, J o/d, drive shafts (wish I knew which was RH & LH), rebuilt rear hubs with backplates, vgc windscreen frame, etc. I have a rebuilt 1500 engine, which I might sell as she's not interestedas we really want a Spit Mk3 1300 engine, but the're hens teeth here? I know where there's a couple of 1147 engine 8 port heads, but he won't sell yet my mate keeps me informed, I think it's a case of who out lives who!

I'll keep the spare chassis and other full set of suspension, 6 potter 2 lt engine (all new internals), Dolly 1850 single rail gearbox & J type o/d in case i get bored!! Ha!

Edited by Peter Truman

Abandoned Restoration - 40 Years In Storage - New Project! | 1969 Triumph GT6 Mk2 Restoration | Pt 1

I’ve got a bit about it on YouTube Pete. I’m starting work on all the loose parts while most of the car is still in storage for the time being. 

15 hours ago, Ian Faulds said:

Sorry I never knew just trying to help.

I never knew either until I came to fit my early seats onto the late floor pans! It's easily amended though, and only the MOT man will ever see. 

• Thanks 1