Not so new owner

Hi, I've just joined this forum, but I've had my GT6 for almost 30 years! I put it in storage when I moved from New Zealand to the UK in 1999 - half restored. Over the years some bits went missing, and I really couldn't summon the courage to lift the tarpaulin until just before COVID. Now I've been quietly fixing her up bit by bit, and when a friend finds time to help me with the welding she can go back on the road!

IMG_20200705_153928.jpg

IMG_20211214_124105.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Iain,

Yes, she runs well (after new ignition & fuel systems). By now I've got the clutch & brakes sorted as well. Just some (lots) welding, and then I have all the bits of trim & interior (apart from carpets...)

Was thinking of factory Emerald Green paint; or something a bit lighter.

2 hours ago, Kiwi OJ said:

Was thinking of factory Emerald Green paint; or something a bit lighter.

Probably not original but I like the green with a tan interior. I think the lighter interiors with particularly a light colour headlining make it appear bigger inside. My Vitesse has a tan interior. For my modern car my first question is can I have a light interior!

Good luck with the welding, have a fire extinguisher and blanket to hand.....

Iain

Edited by Iain T

1 hour ago, Iain T said:

Probably not original but I like the green with a tan interior. I think the lighter interiors with particularly a light colour headlining make it appear bigger inside.

That is a nice combination; I'm being pursued by a Herald owner at present who is painting his Herald a sort of Forest Green and wants my tan interior for it. I agree it'll look better than black, which is why he's not getting it. :)

My first Jaguar was dark red with a beige interior, and I think that's a lovely combination 🙂 However, a red sports car is a bit obvious, and I've always liked green ones at shows. All my vinyl interior bits are black, plus 2nd hand Spit seats, but I was thinking of red carpet to give it a lift. And, yes CKD as far as I know. The plant was in Nelson and did various British makes. Their Jags are reckoned to be better built than the Coventry ones!