GT6 Auction

Paul H

On 04/07/2024 at 13:58, Paul H said:

An interesting exercise to pick through the many photgraphs and speculate about whether the balance of factors favours a buyer's price of £18k. Or whether the expectation should be more conservative.

I'm curious about the attachment of the wheels: I've never had other than standard wheels so is (what appears to be) a chamfered nut into a non-chamfered hole a reasonable arrangement? I've no intention of buying the car, so the question is out of curiousity. Any views?

wheel clip.jpg

Yes I wonder if they are rims that have home redrilled for some reason maybe for a different pcd although both sets of holes look the same. Then when drilled they might not have had the facility for countersinking...

There are so many details to worry about on this car....

The wheel attachments already mentioned, the lack of screen finishing trim (surely for £18,000 this should have been done), poor fit of tail gate and gap in its rubber seal, awful varnish on dash,  no overdrive, front light clusters not removed for respray, orange peel paint finish in several areas,  overspray on near side rotoflex coupling... I  could go on. 

I wouldn't pay £18k for it. For this money it should be near perfect. 

Nigel