GT6 MK3 fuel cap wire??

jimmyrjm

Jim  someone is  pulling your plonker,  Ha !!

thats a advance retard pipe joins the carb throttle take off to the dizzy vacuum capsule

cant see why it would be anywhere near any filler cap ,, was someone trying to modify the cap breather some how ????

cant see this makes any sense ....who knows   but does a gt6 have some spillage drain off to dump splashed filling

tis a bit small for that idea 

Doug  what do you think  ????

pete

Jim  someone is  pulling your plonker,  Ha !!

thats a advance retard pipe joins the carb throttle take off to the dizzy vacuum capsule

cant see why it would be anywhere near any filler cap ,, was someone trying to modify the cap breather some how ????

cant see this makes any sense ....who knows 

pete

Really!? Haha it was marked 'fuel' on the cable when I took it off years ago!!

Regards,

Jim.

Nope! Not got one of those, where can I get one? :lol:

My vacuum pipe has elbows on both ends, this doesn't, in fact it looks a bit like 216015 on this Canley diagram.

http://www.canleyclassics.com/triumph-gt6-mkiii-petrol-system-all-markets-except-usa/

Although I have to say I don't recognise this as my mk3 tank, I haven't got 216015 maybe they scrapped it for late models?

Well from Dougs Canley link its the same as a dizzy pipe but used for a tank breather

so I dont know.... and Dougs not got one so a picture tells a thousand words

pete

Thanks for supplying the diagram! Helped a lot so its just a breather pipe for the fuel tank which is situated under the fuel tank and to a grommet. 

Thanks a lot!

Jim. 

I have that on mine - as you say, it's a breather through to below the tank. The diagram also shows the breather / pipe connecting from the bottom of the filler housing to take any over-filled / spilt fuel from the hole in the bottom of the filler housing through to the gauge float switch. Most of the sender units no longer have the attachment, so the pipe was initially missing on mine, which meant the fuel going into the bottom of the rear wing and stinking out the car as it evaporated! Added a pipe and took that through the bottom of the floor via a grommet too, but a better solution may have been to block up altogether: however, I wasn't sure if it functioned as a tank breather too.

Gully