Contacting the Club and officers by email.

Chas

Following reading the February issue of The Courier I tried to send emails to both Steve Payne and Colin Lindsay every attempt failed, the emails being returned not delivered.

I have just tried to send copies to the Club, these too were returned, anyone else had such problems?

Chas. Smith

just spoken to HQ and i have sent a test mail to colin , one thing i noticed was the first attempt bounced but the address had taken on some """""@

in the heading

so for herald@tssc.org.uk  it actually  loaded    "herald@"@tssc.org.uk   now where does that come from 

please check the address and whilst its nowt to do with me  let me know please

the other restriction is file size   too big and it wont go.

so mail sent to herald and spitfireIV-1500  and both have delivered as far as i know....

but where the ""  came from ..not me ...dont know ...is this the quirk at work   you cant mistype  a "  its a two finger operation !!!

Pete

Pete

A test e-mail to the club has just been returned to me as undeliverable.... wonder why?

I got the following reason, and note the "unnecessary spaces" part...

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try\r\n550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or\r\n550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at\r\n550 5.1.1  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser q8si1732110pgc.308 - gsmtp

Sorry Colin, family joke. My daughter although Uni fodder is useless at geography. Came home one day and told me her friends were going abroad on holiday but she couldn't go as she had no passport.

I said "where they going?"

She said "Newquay"  

Shortly after she enquired why there was only Belfast labelled on Ireland  on the BBC weather map. We told her the rest of Ireland was desert and wilderness. Which she believed for 10 years until her sister married a Munster man.

I have BT broadband and it works fine, they pester me to upgrade to fibre, but there's no need! Still, I suppose if you live in the wilderness.......... :lol:

Likewise, although I hear via email that they're about to charge me more for a better service... I think they hate their non Infinity customers

Gully