Vitesse 6 rear radius arm

Is there an adjustable rear radius arm with rubber / poly ends out there for a mk1 Vitesse

I've fitted the rose jointed one but it sends every bit of vibration through the chassis. ( I live out in the country where the roads are not very good!)

It looks like someone has put an outrigger on slightly out of place as I need about 1/2" difference in length between left and right rear radius arms to get the front to rear alignment right!!

Doubful the will be similar. Mk2 vitesse also adjustable, but for both those cars (and early GT3 mk3) the  body/chassis pivot points were inboard of the non-rotoflex cars, and as to lenth, no idea. 

However, I had to make my radius arms as GT6 roto arms were difficult to come by, and expensive new. However, I did have some vitesse one, so  taking measurements from a GT6 roto radius arm, and some time with a welder and grinder, and all was good.

Actually, what was scary is the welds holding teh bush eyes on the tubes from the factory. Looked like a few small tacks. But never heard of them breaking off. However, I seam welded mine......

As above, not a difficult job and the parts not over expensive.

Thanks Clive, sorry I missed that bit....

Ok so if the Mk2 ones are longer than the mk1 arms I could cut off the old eye & weld a new eye on the end at the right angle. I just need to know the length of the Mk2 arms to start with...

I see the bush bolt is 7/16 not 3/8 so I could drill out the verticals link and outrigger bracket or just fit custom bushes ( superflex make loads of options....)

Really you would save a bundle of cash by just converting your existing arms.

Or keep it simple, and just alter the length of one of the arms you have. Doesn't take long (had to do that years ago to a herald, same reason as you) and they are not rare. Fine tuning of alignment is still done by shims.

• 3 weeks later...

Does any one know how much difference each shim makes to the rear tracking? I've taken the adjustable radius arms off as i cant put up with the vibration & put the std radius arms back on for now and i've got 2 deg ( about 11mm) of toe in!!