Rattling wheel trims

Hello all

I have a Herald 13/60 with steel wheels, hub caps and trims. The wheel trims are rattling all the time and or course when you go over a bump it is worse. It is deffenetly the trims that are at fault as I have removed all four and taken the car for a spin and no rattling. How can I stop the trims rattling any ingenious solutions

Regards

Andrew

some wads of firm foam tucked or glued on the back to keep them from clattering on the rim.

even a bit of bending can load the trim to stop it clattering so its clamped firmly when the cap is popped on.

bit of light work with the pliers around the centre hole face.

used to  be a common plague  for many cars in the 70s till trims and chrome departed , many went for the claw type fixing to evade this racket .

Pete

thanks John . thats useful,  i found mine in my PJs  using a tablet blasted thingy  

and Ive just managed to run a back up on a seagate external drive ,  first time ive ever managed to get it t work,  

how you restore from it will be another mystery , commode rules imply its not going to be easy if ever needed 

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

My report back. Cable ties no good as they foul the brake calliper on the front wheels. So bent the trims forward so the hub cap pressed against it

Simple why did I not think of that. No smart answers please

Regards

Andrew