The Courier Online?

John if we can get access to the original text used to produce the Courier pages the CR text error correction should be much reduced or nil.  For example converting a Microsoft Word doc into a PDF can result in fully searchable version whereas converting an image of text tends to be much less accurate in my exprience.  So trying to get a searchable PDF from scanned copy of an article is likely to produce a worse result than converting the original text based source used to produce the article.

The problem isn't the Couriers from the last 10 to 15 years, which should already be available (on the Courier production computer) in searchable PDF format, the problem is the original 30 years old ones, which were produced on a Typewriter, and real cut and paste with scissors and cellotape.

I love it when a plan comes together!

And the Club!

Who's leading this project: Steve, are you?   Will all the kind volunteers above be contacted to get it organised?

Again, has the TRR been asked for advice as they must have had exactly the same problem as Kevin raises, but I don't remember any call for volunteers to get their online reprints done.

JOhn

Hi All,

sorry not been on here this week it's been a bit mad !

Great to see all the offers of help ,does someone want to take the lead on this project ?

Bernard is the man to speak to about all the Courier back catalogue and we can speak to Wayne from the TR reg no problem 

cheers Chris