Poly bush trunnion bushes

Sorry, that post went wrong, just wondering if anyone has any experience in polybush trunnion bushes, I seem to remember trying them out years ago and they were rubbish, but I've got some more to replace and I just can't remember 100% what I did in the end( getting old now). Any help appreciated.

Hag

Fitted poly bushes including rear trunnion to my MK1 2L Vitesse over last winter in the kit supplied the crush tube for the trunnion bush was longer than the one supplied for the spring eye, ended up reducing the length to match else you could rock the brake back plate. The reason for using poly was a bad experience with poor quality, bolt would not fit through crush tube, original style ones.

Six months down the line and a couple of thousand miles still OK and an MOT yesterday without advisories, still have nylon ones fitted to front suspension as they did not need replacing.

Regards

Paul

Hello haggis

I replaced my trunnions last winter with a kit from TD Fitchits. All well and working fine I have to agree with canleys statment not worth replacing nylon with poly. My only word of caution is get trunnions from a reputable source. The one from fitchets are first class unlike my earlier purchase approx three years ago from another supplier they leaked out of the bottom

Regards

Andrew