Top dashboard panel removal.

Paulfc

Hi, Can anyone please advise me if it's possible to remove the top dashboard panel (part no. 815281) (the piece with the ashtray in it) without stripping out the facia and instruments? I'm going to need some repairs to the lip the rubber window seal goes over. On an otherwise sound windscreen aperture a few inches have just rotted away.

many thanks,

Paul

Sorry missed the tag

It's the same as mine then and I don't think it would be possible. The minimum is to remove the parcel shelves on both sides but even then if I remember right  there are six nuts to undo so you will really struggle even with a flexi extension.You also have to disconnect the vents which you could possibly leave until you lift the top up 

Aidan

Colin/Aidan you were correct, it was necessary to remove the demister vents after removing the six nuts. Panel then came out reasonably easily. The actual metal inner is badly rusted on one side so I now just have to work out how to repair it if possible or try and buy a replacement. Thanks again for your help.

Paul

Glad to hear you removed it ok. You may be able to pick up a replacement if that's the way you decide to go  Chic Douig maybe a good source. The mk1 one  is a hens tooth item!

What's your vynal top like? You can get kits to recover them mine was from Park Lane Classics. He is a useful person to know and gave me instruction on how best to do this

Aidan