water temp out of radiator

Clive

Japs do some very good cars, our MK1 MX5 was excellent, and put up with being driven too hard too long with no complaints. And lots of other examples. 

Agreed, they are unexciting, but is that a reflection of our lack of surprise when we get to the end of our journey with no incidents?

I prefer my everyday car as reliable and unexciting. That makes the enjoyment of my Triumphs so much greater;)

My neighbour has an MX5 - bought it last year as a bit of a midlife crisis - though is about 75! He loves it.

I was thinking unexciting more in relation to performance - it is lacking a lot - but suits the wife! Its probably quicker than my Spitfire in some areas (Except pickup the emissions on the jazz kill it!) But the Spitfire is a hoot to drive! Feels fast at 30. :lol:

My SO has a Yaris auto. Deadly dull, no performance at all although, rather like the Toledo I had for a while, you don't always notice lack of performance here in flatland. Unlike the Toledo, the Yaris is utterly reliable and very practical.

On our recent CTD Scotland trip, there were three MX5s and a Celica imposting among the Triumphs. All boringly reliable, although the Celica has a wicked turn of speed hidden behind that dull facade.