Spit 1500/ GT6 mk3 Front spoiler

Hi,

Looking to buy a new front spoiler. I also wanted some opinions concerning colour.

It appears that new ones are not available. The available ones are a poor copy?

Fibre-glass ones from Honeybourne Mouldings are available, but without the two central captive nuts. Easy to add captive nuts to FG I guess.

Has anybody purchased a FG or new copy one recently and can give some comments on quality and final fitment issues?

Car is black as the ace of spades. Planning on getting the wheels wet sprayed JPS gold. Quater panels are getting renewed for the 5th time due to rust, again. same gold on qtr's, spoiler and grill?

Welcome to opinions and thoughts? I will not be hurt. Can even talk about ZDDP or 20w50 crap.

Cheers,

Iain.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Don't tell me we need oil for front spoilers now too? 

Keeps them from rusting.Init.

20 hours ago, thescrapman said:

I am guessing you don't mean the standard front spoiler as fitted otiginally, as they are still available off the shelf

Hi The Scrapman,

I was unaware that the originals were still available, hence contacting Honeybourne Mouldings.
My spoiler has a missing captive nut and has seen a better life. I think starting with a new one to paint will be easier.

If you know a supplier that sells the OEM standard front spoilers, please let me know, as not looking for a poor copy.

Thanks in advance,

Iain.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have fitted a couple of M6 jacknuts & with a little heat from a hair dryer the nuts are flush and true.

Fitted to car again, but will remove again and paint the PE. Anybody know if paint-stripper reacts with Polyethylene?

Going to plastic prime it and paint in gold!

Cheers,

Iain.

• Haha 1

DCM (solvent, very smelly) type strippers eat plastics, your skin, in fact most stuff very fast. No idea on some of the new "enviro" type strippers,they may be OK. I recently stripped a fireplace in situ using screwfix "no-nonsense" stripper, virtually no smell. Paint it on, then I covered in tinfoil to stop it drying out. Left overnight and it actually worked! But have a read-up and maybe test somewhere not obvious?

• Like 1