Exhaust front section

ShaunW

Hi guys. 

The front section of my exhaust is getting a bit ify. I need the section that goes from the manifold to just past the gearbox. Trouble is I can't seem to find anything that looks similar. It's a 2500 in a Spitfire 1500 chassis. Is it a TR part? It's tricky getting a photo of it. 

Shaun,

Cannot say for certain but it looks as though it has been "adjusted" to fit in with the Spitfire chassis - is that a possibility ??

Regards.

Richard.

1 hour ago, classiclife said:

Shaun,

Cannot say for certain but it looks as though it has been "adjusted" to fit in with the Spitfire chassis - is that a possibility ??

Regards.

Richard.

Anything's a possibility with this car. It does look a bit agricultural so maybe it's something std that's been altered. It's 1 3/4" od. 45mm ish 

Thanks all. I think it's a GEX1440. 

As an aside, how much clearance should there be between the exhaust and the OD mounting bracket? Mine's just about touching, about 1/4"max. If the new one is the same, I'm tempted to put a piece of plumbers heat mat or exhaust wrap between the exhaust and the OD so I don't boil the oil. 

I think it should be close, but they will vary a fair bit. Shouldn't be an issue, the gearbox itself generates masses of heat(my car has 20bhp losses at max power, just about all of that going into heating the gearbox and diff...