Bonnet pivot point bush

Paulfc

Hi, 

Earlier today, after 25 years of separation, I did a trial fitting of the bonnet. Suddenly the car looked like a Gt6 again! I've realised, though, that the hinge pivot points should have bushes in them (part number 624508). Having checked in the usual places it appears they are no longer available. Can anyone please advise me as to what I can use in their place or provide any guidance that may help me move on.

thanks,

Paul

Doug,

Thanks for that. There are steel bushes currently in place and it's a 3/8th bolt that passes through them. However the bush is quite a lot larger diameter which led me to conclude there was another bush to go in. Thinking about it, the relative sizes may be correct, the different diameters being to allow movement for bonnet gap alignment. Any thoughts and If some kind soul could take a peep at the arrangement on their car and let me know I'll be grateful.

Paul

The bush depends on the mark - I think they're always 3/8" bore but the lengths are different. I had to carefully drill out the ones in Toby's chassis brackets as they were rusted solid. 9/16" outer diameter, so fatter than a trunnion tube but similarly sensitive to the exact length.

On the earlier chassis, the bonnet frame has slotted holes for front-back adjustment and the chassis bracket has slotted holes where it fits the chassis for up-down. From memory (it's 25 years since I rebuilt the GT6's chassis boxes) the Mk3 should also have horizontal slots in the inner bracket where the bolt goes through the bush, and vertical slots in the front of the outer box to allow those brackets (part 715805) to move up and down.