I'm stuck. Pos vapour lock?

ShaunW

FYI new 3 ohm coil installed. New 12v ignition switched supply taken from the unfused side of fuse 1. Works like a charm. Thank all. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how it gets up the road but suddenly my leccy fuel pump has started making a lot more noise than usual and it's warmer than I'd like really. 

The one in there is a Facet posi-flow. Any recommendations for a replacement? 

Well that's what I plan to do. But I didn’t have any wire the right colour, or a 2 into 1 bullet connector.... and the white coming out of the loom was a bit short to start messing about with. 

So did a temporary fix. There was a wire from the headlight relay to the ignition, so I made up a short lead with a piggyback spade on one end. It popped on the relay, and the 12v slid on that. It's not bad at all really but when I tidy up the scuttle (? The bit with all the battery and coil on etc) I'll do a proper job. 

Derek now I think about this more I think I've wired it to the accessories feed from the ignition, and that could be the horn relay not lights. Lol some help I've been eh! I'll have another look tomorrow and do it properly, probably the way you mentioned or soldered. 

It's not quite that bad. I did have a car once that sounded the horn when I turned left. It took about 3 or 4 toots before I realised it was me, till then I'd spun around and glared at cars nearby with that 'what the heck are you doing that for' look.