MOT Station Recommendation

Paul H

Took my Vitesse for its annual MOT to Cracknells garage in Thurston just outside Bury St Edmunds - They have carried out  mots on WBL 281H for the last 3 years . Very thorough &  took about 45mins . I was able to watch , ask questions and even went down the pit to examine the underside. Worth every penny to get an expert to give a second opinion as to the integrity and safety of my Vitesse . She passed with no advisories.  

Paul 

• Like 1

Thanks Paul.

Had the Spit MOT'ed at CitreoMech here in Wokingham on Tuesday. Despite the name, they're classic friendly and the older chap did the MOT, as usual with an older car. He's always happy for me to hang around, help with the bonnet, let me look underneath, chat, etc. Got a clean pass, but he suggested to me I ease off the off-side drum one flat as there was a slight drag - I'd been a bit enthusiastic with the pre-MOT brake adjustment!

There's often a classic there. In the past I've seen ... what's the TR4 with GT6 style roof? Or a Landie, an A35 van, XJS, XK140, E-type, or what have you.

Cheers, Richard

1 hour ago, rlubikey said:

Thanks Paul.

Had the Spit MOT'ed at CitreoMech here in Wokingham on Tuesday. Despite the name, they're classic friendly and the older chap did the MOT, as usual with an older car. He's always happy for me to hang around, help with the bonnet, let me look underneath, chat, etc. Got a clean pass, but he suggested to me I ease off the off-side drum one flat as there was a slight drag - I'd been a bit enthusiastic with the pre-MOT brake adjustment!

There's often a classic there. In the past I've seen ... what's the TR4 with GT6 style roof? Or a Landie, an A35 van, XJS, XK140, E-type, or what have you.

Cheers, Richard

Hi Richard - I conveniently forgot to mention a suggestion from the mechanic that the handbrake needed adjusting marginally ?

Paul 

6 hours ago, rlubikey said:

There's often a classic there. In the past I've seen ... what's the TR4 with GT6 style roof? 

TR4 Dove, also known as a GTR4, supplied through L.F. Dove of Wimbledon. The actual coach work was done by Thomas Harrington & Co. 

...... Andy 

• Thanks 1