MG & Triumph Spares Day

Black Cat

Sometimes you get lucky there. And it is a very good place to find decent quality NOS clutch, hydraulic etc stuff from the pro jumblers. But I have found you need to take care, especially with shocks as most are the loose pan type, often missing or unmatched rings. But it is the biggest jumble around these days. Also handy to pick stuff up that you pre-order from the traders or whatever.

But for me it is a social event. 3 or 4 of us share a small stall, and flog a few bits. But I am wondering if that is worthwhile as I have little I want to part with, most of which I would probably be better off flogging on ebay.

On the other hand, I would still go as a punter, it is a great social event and is now regarded as a show with club displays etc filling a lot of space. Very different to 20 years ago (as are all the shows)

2 hours ago, Ian Faulds said:

Unless you enjoy the day Colin what could you have bought for your triumphs with £442?

Front and rear suspension rebuild kits and parts, electronic ignition, door cards, tyres, replacement starter and distributor, replacement brake calipers and discs, stainless exhaust, possibly replacement rebuilt head, new seats.... and that's only for the TR7 I'm currently working on.

Last time I bought polish and number plates, and a magnetic parts dish that I haven't used in anger so far... NO s/h parts at all, as the prices were so high. I just can't justify paying almost £400 for the ferry, plus two nights accommodation and petrol for a long, long drive, to go and find nothing worth buying. I think I spent more on pulled pork rolls and donations to the Gurkhas than on car-related thingies.