courtesy lights

dougbgt6

My GT6 courtesy light door switches, one was broken the other missing. Got replacements from Paddocks, Put them in today, had to cut the pistons down by 1/2" but all working. The diagram shows another switch on the hatch, if I've got one, it's not working, I can't find it, where is it?!!

Doug

This has come up way back, think its up with the hinges 

And I replaced the 2000 interior lamp with cheap LED unit   , very bright  

This came about when we played at 3d printing , for you door handle as the orig lamps degrade and not many alternatives

The chinese led cheap and bright

Pete

the only other likely is under the latch so the striker makes it operate ???

i used this to light up the inside    very illuminating and fit over the orig hole ,well in the headling on the 2000  but they use the same/similar  interior nasty as th GT6 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-12V-46LED-Round-Car-Auto-Interior-Indoor-Roof-Ceiling-Dome-Light-Lamp/263706721040?epid=12018405647&hash=item3d66253b10:g:YO4AAOSwnONZB~bV

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

the only other likely is under the latch so the striker makes it operate ???

i used this to light up the inside    very illuminating and fit over the orig hole ,well in the headling on the 2000  but they use the same/similar  interior nasty as th GT6 

Pete

Another one of those guys who won't post to me.... the Tu Zai Zi! Obviously this Brexit border they're talking about now extends all the way to Kowloon harbour.

postage.jpg.24b00fe673def4a70ab34f256fabf8c9.jpg

I tried one of these, it fitted into the existing light, works very well, but the novelty is wearing off and I'm reverting to the old glow worm. It's 45 years old, never had one blow. 

They also do them in white and they come from Dorking, although I think the seller may be Chinese. :lol:  He originally sent blue, I complained and he said "They must have been damaged in the post" :blink: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-3-SMD-LED-36MM-239-272-SV8-5-Green-Interior-Light-Festoon-Bulbs/142407628664?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Doug

• Haha 1