Who can view

fizzgig656

Sorry moderators if this shouldnt be started here.

Question;

who can view our threads? How can non members view threads we create?

I've tried signing out then viewing the forum and can't.

Other forums I'm on you can still see and find out info Without signing in. Posting replies do require you to login which is fine.

can I link to one of these threads on Facebook for instance?

With the current settings, only signed in forum members can view thread.

When the forum was original setup, anyone could read a thread, but this was changed a few months ago to plug a loophole where "guests" were able to post messages,and this "feature" was being abused by spammers who were posting their adverts for generic erectile dysfunction tablets.

At some time in the future, the forum will be opened up again for all to view, but I believe that a software upgrade is required to prevent guests from posting messages, and tis will need to be installed before it is opened up again.

There should be no reason you cannot find something you are looking for, all the tools are provided.

The "view new content" screen has a side menu that allows you to filter the new content.

Content I have not read

New since my last visit

Past 24 hours

Past Week

Past 2 weeks

Past month

Past year

Just Items I follow

Items I participated in

Items I started

Filter by forum

If this isnt a wide enough range of filters for viewing new content, what is ?

And there is always the the SEARCH box, and the advanced search function (gear beside the search box)

The Recent Topics box shows the STARTING of a topic (thread).

When a thread is added to, then the thread is NOT moved back to the top of the Recent Topics list - you have to use the View New Contents function.

If any of these appear to be out of date, then it is probably your browser software, or you are loading an old cached version, rather than the latest page direct from the TSSC forum server - you need to force a proper page refresh from your browser (CTRL F5 from Internet explorer, may be something different on other browsers, and how the ???? do you do you perform refresh on a tablet ?)

Thanks Kevin, I sense your frustration with the fumble fingered codgers! :wub:

I admit I had not noticed the side menu which is quite helpful.

However I still think View New Content should not be View New UNREAD Content. Removing the new content from my view, once I've read it is illogical, it's still new content.

However I still think View New Content should not be View New UNREAD Content. Removing the new content from my view, once I've read it is illogical, it's still new content.

If that is the case, then you've got "Content I have not read" selected.

You can change which setting you use - I have "Past 24 hours" selected, and the items simply change from bold to non bold when I've read them.

In recent topic at 5.25 there, s a post about model related topics,

I have selected all the latest view new content options and it doesnt appear anywhere in this section

same on tablet and laptop

something here seems is not quite straight forward

pete

It's OK on my machine, running Win 7 and IE11

maybe im slow at this  but a simple test shows  the recent topic  in forum wont show up in new content until an reply is posted

so if nobody replys to a post in recent it wont appear as  new content  even though its  'new'

just done it with the westbourne fete

that explains a bit , even tried in Firefox as i dont use IE

so  have to look more carefully in the sections

Pete

Pete,

I've just made a test posting (and deleted it) and as soon as I posted it, it appeared in both the recent topics list and the new content list.

I suggest you contact Simon Morgan, the webmaster and explain the problem to him.

The moderator team have no access to the behind the scenes workings of the forum, we can only moderate posts and users.