Hello, is it me you’re looking for?

Hey everyone,

thought I’d introduce myself as I’ve recently got my hands on a Spitfire. Having had a Daimler XJ40 and MX-5 mk2 (race prepped) beforehand. Already covered just over 600 miles in her having bought it back in January as my new year resolution..whoops. Have had the diff rebuilt and the carbs. Is running the original drive train and the original engine, having had a cosmetic restoration in 2012. Anyway, more to come no doubt! But for now have these naughty little pics..

Cheers,

Sam

A8EBC779-CD70-46E0-8381-9CEC6C22E1B4.jpeg

7EE5F701-24FE-4D1C-B292-13BFFB3501D7.jpeg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Amphletize said:

Hi Sam,

Welcome!

That thing is gorgeous! Love the way it sits, and that little boot spoiler!

Simon

Thank you all! And that’s what drew me to it! Bit special, fully adjustable gaz front and rear 😉 Chap I bought it off was planning on hill climbing it hence the roll cage and other bits and bobs.

Sam

Sam,

Welcome!   Previous race-prepped cars, racer?  Your Spitfire has a cage and roundel, but no external cut-off.    Will you be racing this one?    CSCC Swinging 60s is the place where more Triumphs are coming out, but it needs more Spitfires!  Here's John Thomason in his Silver Arrow Spitfire:

Image result for CSCC SWinging 60s Group 1 Thomason

Her's the calendar.  See you there?  https://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/race-calendar

John

PS  Lionel Ritchie fan?  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Sam,

Welcome!   Previous race-prepped cars, racer?  Your Spitfire has a cage and roundel, but no external cut-off.    Will you be racing this one?    CSCC Swinging 60s is the place where more Triumphs are coming out, but it needs more Spitfires!  Here's John Thoamson in his Silver Arrow Spitfire:

Image result for CSCC SWinging 60s Group 1 Thomason

Her's the calendar.  See you there?  https://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/race-calendar

John

PS  Lionel Ritchie fan?  

Indeed John, used to race Caterham 7 K-series in Hillclimb and sprint. The MX-5 was a track day basher. I’m not sure my plans with this spit though! Was planning on taking it easy this year and tour it through Europe. I’m taking it to Shelsley Walsh in April to see if it’s competitive or not and then will go from there me thinks, watch this space! (may have to get the holesaw out for the isolator 😉).

Thanks for the info, bit of late night reading me thinks 👀

What can I say? I have a penchant for the classics!

Sam