GT6 rear seat shot-bolt catches.

Could anyone lend me a GT6 rear seat shot-bolt latch to copy/re-manufacture. #27 in the attached image. I’ll be aiming to model it in 3D CAD, produce 3D prints of l/h and r/h and then try them out. Then get some made. 

86CD6B0B-DF8C-4AC2-90C9-52B812DF859F.png

Edited by Adrian Saunders
Added CAD note

Adrian

I'm enclosing some pictures. The long axis is 3.5" and the two short axes are 1" at max width. I reckon they're made from 14 gauge steel. 

There is also a rest for the seat when folded forwards. This is covered in vinvyl to match the trim (or dust in my case) and follows the contour of the front of the wheelarch.

The rear seat in the GT6 is completely useless but I guess you already know that?

David

IMG_5035.JPG

IMG_5034.JPG

IMG_5036.JPG

27 minutes ago, WWT338J said:

Adrian

I'm enclosing some pictures. The long axis is 3.5" and the two short axes are 1" at max width. I reckon they're made from 14 gauge steel. 

There is also a rest for the seat when folded forwards. This is covered in vinvyl to match the trim (or dust in my case) and follows the contour of the front of the wheelarch.

The rear seat in the GT6 is completely useless but I guess you already know that?

David

IMG_5035.JPG

IMG_5034.JPG

IMG_5036.JPG

That’s super David. Thank you. Images of CAD model and drawing attached. How do they compare? This is “reverse engineering” done from pictures so it won’t be 100% correct first time. 

FCA634B7-2C9D-4636-B678-883CDA08D18E.png

4168FE05-1BAB-441E-886B-BAAEE6409F78.png

Adrian,

That seems like a very good starting point. If you have the seat fitted in your car could you measure the angle between the seat back and the step to clear the top of the trim piece? You have this as a right angle in your model, and the pictures do seem to suggest this too, but logic would suggest that the seat back should be raked back a bit. Just a thought.

Adrian

Dear Adrian

A few more photographs and a tracing of the left hand bracket. The bracket is bent out of a single piece of steel. The crease, as you realise, follows the tip of the trim panel. T'other Adrian is correct that the seat back is canted back of vertical. The crease lies roughly horizontal but the flat front face is 30 or so degrees behind vertical. Consequently the crease is not at 90 degrees to the front face.

I'm enclosing a copy of the factory instructions and also some notes that Carl Heinlein, then GT6 registrar, kindly sent me in 1994 when I fitted a NOS seat kit I purchased from the long extinct John Hills.

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but you will be disappointed when you get the seat fitted.........

David

IMG_5051.JPG

IMG_5052.JPG

IMG_5053.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

002.jpg

GT6 rear seat fitting instructions.pdf

GT6 rear seat fitting instructions 2.pdf