Correct carburettor? Vitesse mk 2 cd150 3092

Paul H

Hi currently running CDSE 150’s on my Vitesse Mk2 . The needles are B5CF and running too lean for my liking and no more adjustment to play with .

A while ago I purchased a spare engine HC52290HE together with CD 150’s and looking to refurbish these carbs to replace the current CDSE which should be on a GT6 mk3 .

The CD150’s are 3092 . The spec says 3224 . Are the 3092’s ok and suited to my MK2 ?

According to Burlen  the 3092’s are for the GT6 mk1 

Any advice appreciated 

F36AF1DD-A2B5-4928-B7E3-2D0530550381.thumb.jpeg.11cc4006d2fd43055f9ef12a07512880.jpeg

Paul 

on your cdse  are the temp compensators closed , if open you cant set the idle mixture 

remove it tighten the small nut to close the plunger shut . refit and re adjust 

on CD with a fixed needle  it shows as 6AC

i take it by CD you have carbs with what i term the thames barrier type choke not a choke starting valve on the front carb ????

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

on your cdse  are the temp compensators closed , if open you cant set the idle mixture 

remove it tighten the small nut to close the plunger shut . refit and re adjust 

on CD with a fixed needle  it shows as 6AC

i take it by CD you have carbs with what i term the thames barrier type choke not a choke starting valve on the front carb ????

Hi Pete. Temp compensators are closed on the CDSE’s

. The CD are Thames barrier type , I’ll check the needle and report back 

thanks for input 

Paul 

51 minutes ago, Paul H said:

Hi Pete. Temp compensators are closed on the CDSE’s

. The CD are Thames barrier type , I’ll check the needle and report back 

thanks for input 

Paul 

Pete the needles are 6J so I just need to change the needles to 6AC ?

Paul 

6J is mk1 vitesse and GT6 mk1   i would think they will be ok   there is little difference  to  6ac   maybe a little richer overall ???

i would try and only pay for more if needs must.

all this data is pretty mixed , depends where you look 

Pete

I think that plug colour is maybe ok (unless the car feels like it's running weak), though like you say if it's at the top of adjustment, then not ideal. 

It looks like it has some brown colour on the earth electrode?, if so, then mine look like that, though sometimes difficult to compare off photo's.

Some folk say, modern fuels can/will give more of an overall grey colour?.

Dave

thats a thought, 

on the cdse the small delrin washer should be aligned with the base of the piston needle holder , there is a press in setting

for the jet  heights.

they have been known to vary due to fingerpoking ingress by misguided twiddling ,well they should be a pressed in  fit .

Pete

19 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

thats a thought, 

on the cdse the small delrin washer should be aligned with the base of the piston needle holder , there is a press in setting

for the jet  heights.

they have been known to vary due to fingerpoking ingress by misguided twiddling ,well they should be a pressed in  fit .

Pete

The needle screw range is just over 2 turns , the jet heights were initially  incorrect on both with 20 thou difference between the 2. 

I have adjusted them to 100 thou give or take a couple . I did think of increasing the depth to say 115 to increase the rich range but thought that might be heath Robinson as the manual says 100 thou. Knowing my luck the jet would not stay at 115 !! 

The CD150’s I have I’m hoping won’t need much refurb . The splindles feel ok and will strip to confirm there is no play. The butterflies have screws which haven’t been peened over / flattened suggesting they might have been refurbed a while back 

Pete the diaphragm is weighted and there is a spring . 

Thanks for all the  input 

Paul