Play in accelerator cable

Adrian

Evening chaps

going over the gt6 I noticed there was play in the cable. Wanting to make sure I don’t repeat P.O. mistakes I thought I’d ask you. The video shows the play in the linkage is this something that can be adjusted? The previous cable had a bracket (photo) but new one does not and can’t be fitted without cutting the slot on the photo. Just loosely I put the cable in a slot in the linkage but assume this is incorrect. Any words of wisdom, and being cautious of thread drift so early, about the cable.

cheers Adrian 

204D9BB7-EA35-4155-8596-EE8C8C95880E.jpeg

3451C20F-4443-4498-8088-2D8B25D10AAC.jpeg

There should be an adjustable cable abutement to make slack adjustable

I reckon the nipple on the carb end is all wrong that lever is designed to have T barrel  end so it pivots in the lever as the angle changes 

Or you can fret and fracture the cable

Sorry cant open  video on this daft tablet and cats asleep on laptop

Pete

I got the cable (156353) from Paddocks 2 years ago, probably not worth sending it back, but I notice that different suppliers seem to present different configurations all purportedly for a gt6. Moss and ANG seem to have the bracket, rimmers and paddocks don’t although I note the spitfire 1500 cable does (156342). Canley doesn’t seem to show it either. Confusing.

im guessing I’ve got to loosen the linkage to rotate it to remove the play but I’ve got to try to find a compatible cable first. Where would/have you gone?

8 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

visit your local bike shop  ,  variety of nipples and  abutments all available   and much better cables than the poor stuff we are supposed to accept

get a long rear brake enough to make two for half the price,  

pete

Forgive my ignorance but do you mean cut to size and solder a blob on the end to suit?