vitesse top ball joint

Sorry for the hiccup, too many nibbles. The grease-able top ball joints come from the earlier Standard Triumph wishbone (food again) front suspension.

The selling point with the Herald was it didn't need as much greasing as the Standard 10. To quote Standard Triumph "Our engineers have successfully eliminated many of the irksome maintenance tasks."

Dave  

we had a computer driven test rig that was back in the 90s it took ages to compile all the loadings as E marked bulbs varied far more  than the uk std of the day. but we had to use E marked .  i think 21w flashers ranged from 13  to 28w  typical EU  know one followed the rules 

the whole truck was tested and logged results in its file .. that was back pre 93.

Pete 

13 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

we had a computer driven test rig that was back in the 90s it took ages to compile all the loadings as E marked bulbs varied far more  than the uk std of the day. but we had to use E marked .  i think 21w flashers ranged from 13  to 28w  typical EU  know one followed the rules.

Pete 

Except the UK.

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

The main problem with most quality standards or adherence to a given standard these days is self certification. In my view if you have a standard which should be maintained then you need regular independent certification by audit and or by sampling to prove the items/manufacturer are still meeting the stated requirements.

Dave