inlet manifold studs

willis

Hi all, I've managed to strip the threads on one of the studs that hold the carbs onto the manifold on my Vitesse. Does anyone know if new studs are available and if so, what's the best way to get the old ones out? I'd like to do this without removing the manifold if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.                                                                                                                                                                                             Thanks, Rob

Cheers Pete, looks like another parts order going in.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pete, had to get professional help removing the studs from the manifold as I managed to snap one of them. However, crisis over and my Vitesse is back on the road again. Regarding the not working speedo, it was the speedo drive that goes into the gearbox but that too is now sorted. Thank you Pete and everyone else for all your help.                                                                         Cheers, Rob

Hi again folks, Yes it's great to be able to drive it again. Took it for a short run yesterday and all is well (mostly). Although the wiper blades are new, they aren't very good at keeping rain off the screen so that will need sorting, but shouldn't be too difficult. Also, I will be changing from dynamo to alternator and fitting a spin off oil filter in the future, but for now I'm just going to drive my car (weather permitting). Once again, thanks for all your help everyone.                                                                                                                                                                                                    Cheers, Rob

I got a pair of oversized silicone blades and cut them down to fit. Seem to work fine on the few times I get caught in the rain. Main trouble is that that have a certain 'memory' of the parked position so usually miss a bit until they have been running for a little while. I keep forgetting to lift them up when the car is in the garage.... and when I do, forget to put them down when I take her out.

• Haha 2

Cheers chaps, it'll probably be the weekend before I get chance to look at the wiper blades but thanks for all your advice. I'll let you all know how I get on.                                                                             Regards, Rob