Triumph Badge

Adrian

Hi all

Had my rear bumper rechromed at a certain chromers in Walsall. Did a good job on the rechroming but asked them NOT to do the badge mount (was glues onto the number plate light bracket which they said they'd take off). They rechromed it anyway and destroyed the badge  in the process - so another original piece that has gone forever. When I checked at the weekend, all the usual sources appear to be out of stock (for the badge - but can get the mount and badge for around £30).

Bought a badge from the internet - ok but not as original, black is matt i.e. mine appeared to be fully laquored / enameled. Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier that supplies originals? if I have to wait i'd prefer to do that.

Many thanks

Adrian

IMG_2105.JPG

As always, I'd recommend trying Chic Doig for a good second-hand version. He may even have new.

There are quite a few on eBay, some appear to be in excellent condition, but I'm not certain which version it is you actually need so can't link to one particular version. Just search 'Triumph badge' and see if anything is suitable.

• 4 weeks later...

Right as part of an update. From the bottom. New adhesive one from ebay (wasn't happy as the letter size wasn't right). Middle, Chic Diog best he had. I lacquered the two bottom ones which improved their appearance.  Top lucky find on Ebay best out of the three.

Canley and Wins had no second hand ones.

Annoyingly the plate does not have the three pins for mounting, unlike my original.

So the question is how best to glue it to the bumper? I'm erring towards a clear uv stable sealant?

Cheers

Adrian

IMG_2123.JPG

On 07/03/2020 at 12:48, Adrian said:

question is how best to glue it to the bumper? I'm erring towards a clear uv stable sealant?

How about clear silicon sealant.?   I recall when working for Cab-Tech in the 90's that the JCB digger's open rear window hinge was simply a full width run of clear silicon sealant. That was a big / heavy pane of glass and of course used in a tough environment ..so clearly plenty strong enough.  Otherwise self-adhesive pads of the type used for holding number plates on could be used  ..but these would hold the badge plate a 1/16" away from the surface ..which would then snag on any cloth as the car is cleaned. 

Pete.