Are any Records of Manufacturing date(s) kept by the Club?.

PeteH

Hi Pete!  Tried to get this information from "Dave Plumbridge (TSSC)" back in 2003 and again from TSSC in 2017?  TSSC did not have the information available back then?  The London Records Office burnt down and all (London Registrations)Lost!  and since then "Data Protection" has arrived!?? So no joy!  I did however go to "DVLA" and for a £5.00 they sent me 8 pages of info!  Last Owners etc!  Don't know if this helps?  Cheers Martyn

Just now, dougbgt6 said:

Pete,

I don't think so, what you need is a Heritage Certificate, tells you all sorts of interesting things about your car.

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/archive/heritage-certificates

Doug

Indeed they do, I've just received one for a car that was being driven in July 1961, but the build date is December 1961... so I'll have to try a bit of detective work and get to the bottom of that!

The Club doesn't keep any records at present due to the minefield of data protection.

Hi

"Data Protection". Nice Idea, wrongly managed. ie; "we" get Stuff from the banks etc; (joint A\C) which I normally manage. "er indoors asked me to check something to do with her Pension . They wont talk to me!.  Daft Invention!.

Pete

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Indeed they do, I've just received one for a car that was being driven in July 1961, but the build date is December 1961... so I'll have to try a bit of detective work and get to the bottom of that!

The Club doesn't keep any records at present due to the minefield of data protection.

It could have been on a "Private" Plate at some point?. My Motorhome, was on one for the first 3 years of existence. DVLA`s records can get corrupted by that?. My wife has a Private Plate on her cars, the last car went 2 years ago. but we recently got a notice from DVLA over it?.

6 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Colin,

Presumably the "driven in July 1961" information comes from the DVLA? In April 1973 they registered my GT6 as a convertible. The first Gitfire? :lol: Don't trust them!

Doug

No it comes from the Triumph press car in the March Courier - the road test review was published in July 1961, Autosport magazine, but the BMIHT Certificate states the build date as 20th December 1961.The current owner has just sent me confirmation this morning. A very early 1200 convertible. It's entirely possible that Triumph changed numbers about from car to car; the Road Test claims it's a single Solex but the photos show a twin-carb.