Hello :)

Hi,

New to the forum, and as yet, do not currently own a classic Triumph :(

I have been wanting another 'classic' for a while but we are in the process of selling our house, and holding off on any decision until we have got somewhere with a garage!

I have owned a number of Triumphs in the past 10-12 years, starting with a 1980 Dolomite Sprint, then a 1980 TR7, onto a 1983 Acclaim (daily runner) and later an Dolomite 1850 which was a second car. Since then there have been a move to more moden cars (Rover 111i, Toyota Celica ST182, Celica VVTLI and now a BMW E90 330i as the daily) as I only had space for one car and needed something more 'reliable'.

I've been thinking of revisiting a triumph, and had 3 on the shortlist. Starting with a GT6 but now they are well out of my price range, then I was looking at a 2500S Saloon but it feels a bit too close to the 330i in terms of use, and also quite large. This leaves me with the 2-Litre Vitesse, still somewhat affordable (~£4k), small to fit in a standard UK garage and still has that lovely Staight-Six engine.

I did 'part' own a 13/60 with my then girlfriend, and although that example was not great I did appreciate the access and spares availablity.

One big improvement I made on the 1850 was adding electronic ingnition, via a 123ignition which was a superb upgrade.

So anyway, thats it really, and as I don't have a car right now, here are some photos of the past ones!

The Sprint

3210052704_48a27b0556_b.jpg

On the road.. by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

The 1850

7629940170_cf1ca53e60_b.jpg

1979 Triumph Dolomite 1850HL by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

The TR7

4514877887_8d5879d232_b.jpg

Triumph TR7 1980 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Cheers, Rob