Herald seat bases on offer on Gumtree

Paul H

I don't think there available for Vitesse, and assumed they used the same for Herald. The ones Iv'e seen available, seem to be TR6 ones that are sold for Vitesse and state that they require the frame modifying. I bought some recently from paddocks (cheapest I could find at £14 each and seem ok, though time will tell as made in China).  The hog ring holes need re drilling in the frame in different positions (easier if you remove the base cover I reckon). I think the rings supplied are too short, so I used about 4mm cable ties (though 2 for each hole toward the rear) as singly they broke. May be thicker ties to start with a better idea.  

I had to use the straps for the GT6, a set of 5 is about £30, and they were woeful. Too long. I ended up cutting and rebending the hooks, which gave me an extra (or less) two inches to work with and at least got my buttocks up off the floor.

This is what I found under the Herald 1200 seat:

DSCF1785.jpg.4daf9bf3ecbc18c8824c98f972175180.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2020 at 17:19, Colin Lindsay said:

Maybe his bottom is in very good condition, so he no longer needs new diaphragms?

I have two sitting ready to fit for ages now, but will need more before long for another set of seats. 

Pity he didn't have GT6 versions... but they're unobtanium.

Colin - Have you tried contacting Owen at Park Lane Classics. He might be able to make something up for you.

13 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Colin - Have you tried contacting Owen at Park Lane Classics. He might be able to make something up for you.

Worth a try!! I'll email later, just in case.

I've also got a local upholsterer about six miles away, one of the old school, and he comes up with all sorts of solutions that he uses on settees and house furniture; definitely a good man to know.

• 2 weeks later...

No reply so far, but it was a while ago; same with QuickfitSBS for seatbelts - no reply and no answer to e-mails.

Having said that I can use an alternative solution for seat bases but never yet found one for seatbelts, so must try Quickfit again now that I've remembered.